Monks Cross Hotel set on the outskirts of Monks Cross retail park, York, consists of a three-story, 80-bedroom property with a steel and traditional timber frame build. Features include a restaurant, kitchen, reception, administration and linen areas, two lifts, 76 standard bedrooms and four disabled access rooms, and accessible car parking with electric vehicle charging stations.
• Mechanical and electrical design to RIBA stage 5
• New incoming electrical, gas and water supplies
• Electrical distribution
• Lightning and surge protection
• External Architectural LED Lighting – building perimeter and car park
• IP CCTV internal and external
• EV – Electric vehicle charging points
• LED Lighting
• Mechanical Controls and Power Supplies
• BMS (Building management systems
• MCW (Main Cold Water) – Tank and booster set
• Plantroom installation of Gas Boilers, Calorifiers, Pressure vessels, Buffer Vessels
• CHP – Combined Heat and Power Unit – Providing LTHW and feed in tariff for the generation of electricity.
• LTHW (Low temperature hot water) pipework services – Crimped Copper
• AGD (Above Ground Drainage) – Foul and rainwater drainage – UPVC pipework.
• Connection of MCW, HW (Hot Water), & waste to the bathroom pods.
• Sanitaryware – disabled
• Insulation and marking tapes to pipework and ductwork services
• Samsung VRV – (Variable Refrigerant Volume) – Air conditioning to all bedrooms, ancillary spaces and kitchen
• Ventilation – supply and extract for bedrooms, & dining & kitchen
• BREEAM V Good Rating
• BRUKL (Design & As Build) Modelling to provide EPC & DEC
• Chlorination of MCW systems and legionella risk assessments
• Testing and commissioning of all the above services and provision of certification
• Demonstrations – operation of all M&E services to hotel staff
• Soft landings – MechFS operatives on site for hotels staff assistance pre and post opening day.
• Planned Preventative Maintenance –
• Provision of O&M manuals for the end users
Duration: 25 weeks